Dance for Humanity Crew!
We dance together to make our dreams come true,
for ourselves and for the world.
JOIN OUR DANCE CREW!
We are recruiting a badass crew of 150 members to join forces and dance for good in our lives and the world.
Can you imagine what we could do if we synched up, shared our desires, and danced together to manifest our visions?
The possibilities are endless!
We take a regenerative, Whole Systems Design approach that starts with wholeness within and focuses on self-care, caring for each other and the Earth, and economies of care (like gift circles, circular and local economies).
Be a part of the 150 to find out what magic we can make together!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS BELOW:
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
1. Meet soulful people you can connect with on a deep level and who'll dance with you through uncertainty.
2. Move your body, express your creativity, and receive support to manifest your dreams.
3. Make meaningful dances that have regenerative impact in your life and the world.
WHAT DO WE DO IN THE CREW?
We make a new, intentional dance each month around an inspiring theme (like empowerment) for your personal dreams and a positive cause (like regenerative farming). We meet weekly to learn and help make the dance together.
In each weekly session, you'll get to:
1. Connect 1-1 and in small groups with fellow crew members.
2. Release and stretch with a guided warm-up.
3. Have space to play, freestyle and let your creative energy flow.
4. Learn a simple, powerful dance routine and be guided to add in your own moves for your desires and our cause.
5. Be guided through a grounding cooldown.
6. Options to be in videos for social media to inspire the world and support powerful causes.
WHO IS THE CREW FOR?
For those who love to dance, want to be a part of a supportive community, and want to create a better world together.
We ask that you come with an open, positive attitude and respect others' experiences and identities.
Note: Our dance crew is for ages 18+. However, events brought to you can be designed for any age.
WHAT LEVEL / STYLE DANCER IS THE CREW FOR?
Most skill levels. The dances we make include simple group movements, plus spaces to add in your own moves, making it as easy or advanced as you like.
It helps to have a basic sense of rhythm and dancing to the beat, however, we encourage all those interested to check it out!
Beginners to advanced dancers will enjoy this unique, co-creative dance-making approach.
All movement/dance styles welcome! We make fusion routines through a unique, co-creative process.
WHAT MUSIC WILL WE DANCE TO?
Inspiring world music! We make dances to a mix of upbeat, lively, and meaningful songs from a variety of global artists and genres (including Salsa, Drums, Funk/Soul, Shamanic & more).
WHERE DOES THE CREW MEET? WHAT ABOUT PARKING?
We utilize space at 1950 Mass. Ave., Cambridge, MA (The Cambridge Masonic Temple).
When you enter, take the stairs in front of you down one floor. The entrance to the hall will be on your right, directly across from the women's restroom.
There is Free Street Parking at the meters after 6pm along Mass. Ave.
DO NOT park in the parking lot near the Porter Square MBTA Station as it is for store customers only and you will be towed.
WHAT ABOUT ACCESSIBILITY?
The space is not currently wheelchair accessible.
We are looking for other accessible spaces to gather in as we expand, and are open to hosting a gathering for you, with you or near you! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have other accessibility needs that we might be able to help with, please reach out to email@example.com. We request at least five days notice to make sure we have time to accommodate your needs.
While we acknowledge that there is no such thing as a space that is perfectly accessible for everyone, we will do what we can to welcome as many people as possible.
WHAT IS THE VALUE EXCHANGE?
Sliding Scale: $15-$20
Cash, Venmo: @danceforhumanity or Cash App: $danceforhumanity
Your first time is free!
And if you bring a friend and it is their first time, you also get in free (offer can be used up to 3 times per member).
NOTE: If the fee presents a challenge, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options (i.e., exchange, helping set up or clean up, etc.). We want everyone who wants to participate to be able to do so! Just ask 🙂
WHAT SHOULD I BRING / WEAR?
1. Water bottle
2. Clothing you feel good dancing in (i.e., layers, yoga/athletic gear; bright, celebratory clothes, etc.);
3. Indoor, clean shoes like sneakers, jazz shoes, etc. (or please wipe your feet before entering); you can also dance in socks or barefoot
4. Yoga mat (optional for cooldown; not required)
5. Mask (currently optional)
WHAT ABOUT COVID-19?
We are currently mask-optional. If you're feeling ill, please do not attend. Thank you!