The Dance for Humanity Global Performance Project is a multi-generational group of people who love to make dances together and perform them for good in the world.
We co-create and perform Authentic Movement-inspired, fusion choreographies that expand our embodied, creative expression and inspire and give audiences actionable ways to contribute to the regeneration and positive evolution of our world at a personal, societal, and environmental level.
Our Unique Co-Creative Choreography Process
WHO IS THIS FOR?
For those who love to dance and want to - perform for good - be a part of something unique and special - have a blast and make amazing friends in the process - create something impactful together that we can look back on with pride - grow in an encouraging environment - feel uplifted and be uplifting.
Open to all people (female, male, nonbinary), 18+ around the world who:
1) Can take responsibility for self / want to support each other
2) Are open to trying new creative movement explorations
3) Want to support good causes locally and globally
4) Welcome / respect others' identities (gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, etc.)
Note: Currently, sessions are only led in English.
WHAT LEVEL / STYLE DANCER IS THIS FOR?
All levels and movement/dance styles welcome!
We create fusion routines through our unique Co-Creative Choreography process, which allows us to explore and help each other contribute our own movements to the dance so that we are each represented.
We welcome you if you:
A) Have a basic sense of moving to the beat
B) Have prior experience with dance classes or performing
C) Are a professional dancer, performer, or dance group leader
This is an exciting opportunity to jam together and co-create / perform a piece for impact.
There will be a core set of simple, impactful joint movements and spaces for you to make it as basic or advanced as you like.
YOU WANT TO PERFORM! WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
So awesome that you want to perform! In this case:
- The easiest thing to do is to sign up for The Full 4-Month Global Performance Project, which includes Discover, Co-Create, Practice, Perform.
- Or, you must at least come to the all Co-Create and Practice sessions and sign up for Perform as well.
WHAT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PERFORM, BUT STILL WANT TO HELP MAKE THE DANCE?
You do not need to perform. You can just explore your movements and be a part of making the dance.
- You can participate in the Discover, Co-Create, and/or Practice stages.
- You can come to individual sessions in the Discover stage.
- If you decide you want to perform later on, you can add Perform as long as you have completed all Co-Create and Practice sessions.